Sunday, December 10, 2006

Rainy Sunday Blues


In the East, there came a sound on the very edge of hearing that caused a twitch in the sphincter muscles.

The bringer of the storm.



For the dwindling band of yeomen who are following my holiday tales with interest I bring nothing but disappointment. I don’t intend to talk about my holiday today – even though I have opened with a holiday picture (one that didn’t quite work).


In truth my mood and my heart just isn’t in it. It is a day I would rather pick up a baseball bat and lay into something. Earlier, someone lit my slow burning fuse and then retired to a safe distance to wait for me to go off.


And sooner or later – I will go off.



Those are not watch towers installed in a vain attempt to keep the students hitting the books.

I’ve not really been in the best of moods since yesterday and my visit to Coventry. (Note 1) I’ve blogged about Coventry before; it isn’t my most favourite cities.


A view of the old Coventry Cathederal that has been left as a shell since being gutted by a bombing raid during World War II.

On the bright side, I did manage to capture the photograph above as my attempt at Sean’s arches within arches challenge.


It is difficult to understand why the gate is there – but why keep it padlocked?

Even finding that this picture had come out so well didn’t improve my mood.


No, it looks like sometime soon I will go off. if you have any sense you’ll retire a very safe distance and wait for this mood to blow over.




From 14th June, the industry standard Crozzy Standard has been applied to footnotes.



NOTE 1: The picture is of Coventry University where my little girl had an interview (Oh Becky if you are reading this, if you are not a good likkle girl I shall publish the picture of you playing with the balloons). The towers are designed to make the building more environmentally friendly. They do not house chickens. Click to return



The little bird is so cute – I think it can stay here for a few entries.

Add to Technorati Favorites!





TECHNORATI TAGS : ; ; ; .



No comments: